Easy, healthy, and sweet but free of processed sugar, these oatmeal cookies are a great stand-in for breakfast and snacks. Make ahead of time for travel, sports, camping, lunches.
1. bananas (ripe and freckled, not black)
2. oats (quick or old fashioned)
* optional extras to add… nuts, nut butter, fresh blueberries, fresh apple chunks, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, a pinch of salt, cacao nibs, cocoa powder
* optional extras that are sugary (if not following a “sugar-free” lifestyle)… raisins, dried fruit, chocolate chips
1. mash ripe bananas until liquidy
* as many you have or want to use
* some lumps are fine
* a drink muddler is perfect for mashing
2. stir in oats until thick
3. scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
* small or large ice cream scoops work well
4. flatten with the back of scooper, spoon, spatula
5. bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit until golden
* flip if you want and cook until that side is also golden
6. remove and cool on wire rack.