“Sustainable fashion is a movement and process of fostering change to fashion products and the fashion system towards greater ecological integrity and social justice.” – wikipedia
The opposite of sustainable fashion is fast fashion.
“Fast fashion is a term used to describe a highly profitable and exploitative business model based on replicating catwalk trends and high-fashion designs, mass-producing them at low cost.” – wikipedia
Choosing sustainable fashion is choosing compassion and health for ourselves, those we love, and all life.
our own closet
* reduce items to those few you truly love and look great wearing
* repair items or recycle with Ridwell
* create a uniform to simplify
* rotate those same favorites over and over… seriously, no one will notice
* donate clothes to friends
* coordinate a clothing swap with friends
local consignment stores
* common threads
local thrift stores
Are your values being reflected in your fashion?